Areas of Concentration
- Complex Civil and Criminal Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Alcohol Beverage Licensing
- Personal Injury
Mr. Dunn concentrates his practice in the areas of complex civil litigation, criminal law, and administrative law, including liquor licensing. Before entering private practice, he served as Chief Deputy District Attorney in Arapahoe County, and has tried over 100 civil and criminal trials to verdict, including capital cases. Mr. Dunn also represents a number of retail liquor license applicants and licensees in both licensing and enforcement actions.
Mr. Dunn has developed significant expertise in defense of sexual assault cases, as well as custody proceedings involving sexual abuse allegations. He has lectured to law enforcement and health care professionals on topics of physical and sexual abuse of children. He has also presented seminars to lawyers, paralegals, law enforcement, and other professionals regarding search and seizure law and the investigation and litigation of criminal cases.
Mr. Dunn has an “AV” rating in the Directory of Lawyers in the United States, published by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest possible rating for legal ability and ethical standards.
- J.D., 1978, University of Colorado, Boulder
- B.S., 1974, University of Colorado, Boulder
- 1990 – present, Partner Dill Dill Carr Stonbraker & Hutchings, PC
- 1984 – 1990, Chief Deputy District Attorney, Arapahoe and Douglas Counties
- 1980 – 1984, Deputy District Attorney, Arapahoe and Douglas Counties
Notable Cases and Representative Transactions
- Major criminal trials have included charges of murder, sexual assault, assault, burglary, drug distribution and possession, securities fraud, forgery, vehicular homicide and assault, and domestic violence.
- Represented numerous individuals in sexual assault cases, many of whom were confronted with potential life sentences. Mr. Dunn has been successful in obtaining acquittals or the dismissal of all charges in many of these cases.
- Representation of individuals in federal grand jury investigations and state civil and criminal cases involving allegations of securities fraud, white-collar crime, and embezzlement.
- Represented plaintiffs in personal injury matters, winning substantial settlements.
- Represented hundreds of liquor license applicants and licensees for hotel and restaurant, retail liquor store, and other liquor licenses. Mr. Dunn also provided defense of enforcement actions, which have included cases involving allegations of service of alcohol to visibly intoxicated individuals or minors involving the death of one or more individuals.