Areas of Concentration
- Complex Civil and Criminal Litigation
- Liquor Licensing
- General Business
Mr. Dill concentrates his practice in the areas of complex civil and criminal litigation, and liquor licensing. He has tried over 100 civil and criminal trials to verdict and is the managing partner of the firm.
Mr. Dill has been invited to address numerous professional organizations on subjects varying from liquor licensing, gaming, depositions, and trial practice. They include the Colorado Bar Association, the International Practicum Institute, the National Conference of State Liquor Administrators, the National Conference of Liquor Enforcement, the Colorado Trial Lawyers’ Association, and the Southern Trial Lawyers’ Association. He also provides liquor licensing consulting services to local and national law firms. Mr. Dill has been qualified as an expert witness by Colorado state courts, the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, and the Queen’s Bench in Sidney, Australia. Mr. Dill is a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Dill has an “AV” rating in the Directory of Lawyers in the United States, published by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest possible rating for legal ability and ethical standards, and has been named a “Super Lawyer” by SuperLawyers.com.
- J.D., 1970, University of Denver
- B.S., 1967, University of Colorado, Boulder
- 1974 – present, Managing Partner Dill Dill Carr Stonbraker & Hutchings, PC
- 1973 – 1974 Assistant Attorney General, Colorado Attorney General’s Office, Organized Crime Unit
- 1970 – 1972 Deputy District Attorney, City & County of Denver
Notable Cases and Representative Transactions
- Counsel for National Medical Enterprises in a Medicare/Medicaid fraud investigation by the United States Attorney’s Office and Department of Justice.
- Litigation of death penalty cases.
- Counsel in U.S. v. Wiles relating to the investigation of Miniscribe Corporation.
- Litigation of helicopter and airplane crash cases.
- Represented plaintiff in wrongful death trucking accident resulting in the largest wrongful death settlement in Colorado at the time.