Areas of Concentration
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
- Probate Litigation
- Estate Planning
- General Business
Mr. Suyat concentrates his practice in the areas of complex civil litigation, employment law, probate litigation, estate planning and general business. He has extensive experience in representing individuals and businesses in contract disputes, trust and estate litigation, employment disputes, securities litigation, and construction defect litigation before administrative agencies, arbitrators, trial courts and appellate courts.
Mr. Suyat has represented clients on corporate and general business matters including entity selection, financing, employment practices and procedures, sale of interests, sale of businesses, exit strategies, dissolution and winding down of businesses.
Mr. Suyat has advised clients on large and small estate plans including wills, trusts and charitable foundations. He has also assisted clients with the administration of probate estates and has significant experience representing clients in trust and estate litigation.
Mr. Suyat is admitted to practice in all Colorado state courts, the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, the United States Tax Court, the United States 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
- J.D., 1996, University of Denver
- B.A., 1993, University of Denver
- 2011 to present, Partner, Dill Dill Carr Stonbraker & Hutchings, P.C.
- 2009 – 2011, Partner, Sims Boster Suyat, LLC
- 1996 – 2008, Associate, Sims & Boster
Notable Cases and Representative Transactions
- Represented a trust beneficiary in a proceeding brought against trustee and obtained judgment to have trustee removed and surcharged for his malfeasance.
- Represented employers in discrimination and wrongful termination actions and obtained favorable judgments and settlements.
- Represented a company in an action brought against former employees for breach of employment agreement, breach of fiduciary duties, misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition the result of which was the former employees ceased all competition.
- Represented a company and its officers and directors and obtained a settlement in a securities fraud case commenced by the Colorado Securities Commissioner.
- Represented homeowners as well as contractors in construction defects cases and obtained favorable settlements.
- Represented heirs of an estate in proceedings commenced against the personal representative and obtained judgment to keep a substantial sum in a trust that benefitted the heirs.
- Represented individuals and companies in breach of contract cases.
- Prepared wills and trusts for numerous clients with large and small estates.
- Prepared transaction documents for the purchase and sale of businesses with substantial values.