Areas of Concentration
- Complex Civil Litigation
- General Business and Contracts
- Real Estate and Construction Transactions and Litigation
- Estate Planning and Probate Litigation
- Criminal Law, DUI, Traffic
Mr. Whitney represents individuals and commercial entities in litigation and transactional matters. Mr. Whitney’s practice concentrates on complex civil litigation, general business, real estate, and construction matters. Mr. Whitney has extensive experience representing clients at the administrative, trial court, and appellate court level. Mr. Whitney represents clients in commercial transactions including contracts, purchase and sales agreements, leases, and entity formation.
Mr. Whitney also represents clients in estate planning matters, probate litigation, and criminal law. Prior to joining Dill Dill Carr Stonbraker & Hutchings P.C., Mr. Whitney was a Chief Deputy District Attorney in Weld County where he handled every type of case from minor traffic to first degree murder.
Mr. Whitney has tried over 65 civil and criminal cases to verdict. Mr. Whitney has trained hundreds of attorneys, law enforcement officers, and others on courtroom practices and trial techniques.
Mr. Whitney has successfully handled matters at the Colorado Court of Appeals and the Colorado Supreme Court.
Mr. Whitney is licensed to practice law in the State of Colorado and the State of Massachusetts.
- J.D. 2006, Boston University School of Law
- B.A. 2002, University of Colorado
- 2018 – Present, Dill Dill Carr Stonbraker & Hutchings, PC
- 2013 – 2018, Chief Deputy District Attorney, Weld County
- 2007 – 2012, Deputy District Attorney, Weld County
Notable Cases and Representative Transactions
- Successfully won summary judgment for client accused of tortious interference with contractual relations, intentional interference with business relations, and intentional interference with prospective economic advantage.
- Earned outright dismissal of all claims against client in which client was accused of breach of contract, breach of partnership agreement, and civil theft.
- Negotiated settlement agreement enabling client to buy out business partner and continue successful operation of small business in case in which business partner attempted to obtain court ordered dissolution of company.
- Represented client in construction defect action against contractor and builder. The case resulted in a significant settlement payout for client.
- Represented client serving as personal representative of estate and successfully opposed demand to remove client as personal representative, also earning award of attorneys’ fees for client.