Areas of Concentration
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Liquor Licensing
- Complex Civil Litigation
Mr. Carr practices in the areas of criminal law, complex civil litigation, and liquor and hospitality licensing. Prior to entering into private practice, Mr. Carr served as Chief Deputy District Attorney in Adams County.
Mr. Carr has tried more than 100 civil and criminal trials to verdict in both State and Federal Court and has handled appeals of civil and criminal cases to the Colorado Court of Appeals.
Mr. Carr has been invited to address a number of professional organizations on a variety of subjects. He has lectured on the topics of criminal defense litigation and vehicular homicide. Mr. Carr has also made presentations on the subject of liquor licensing to the National Alcohol Beverage Control Association and the National Liquor Law Enforcement Association.
Mr. Carr has an “AV” rating in the Directory of Lawyers in the United States, published by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest possible rating for legal ability and ethical standards.
Mr. Carr has been elected to Super Lawyers in 2009 and 2010.
- J.D., 1977, University of Colorado, Boulder
- B.S., 1974, University of Colorado, Boulder, Cum Laude, Beta Gamma Sigma
- 1982 – present, Partner, Dill Dill Carr Stonbraker & Hutchings, PC
- 1981 – 1982, Chief Deputy District Attorney, Adams County
- 1977 – 1981, Deputy District Attorney, Adams County
Notable Cases and Representative Transactions
- Represented a motorcycle rider in a personal injury case after his client was struck by another driver. Mr. Carr’s client received a substantial settlement in this case.
- Represented a family in a wrongful death action resulting from an airplane crash. A number of complex issues were involved, including airplane design and operation. Mr. Carr’s client received a substantial settlement in this case.
- Represented a plaintiff involved in an industrial accident involving the operation of a forklift. Included were issues regarding the design of the forklift, and the area where it was operated. The case ultimately resolved itself with a significant settlement for Mr. Carr’s client.
- Together with Mr. Hutchings, represented approximately 30 plaintiffs in a complicated lawsuit, involving an allegation of inappropriate investment on behalf of those individuals by a large, notable brokerage house. A significant settlement was obtained on behalf of the plaintiffs.